Rogge v. Safeway Incorporated
Home Frequently Asked Questions Case Documents Contact Us

Welcome to the Rogge v. Safeway Incorporated Website

Within this site, you will find information about the Class Action lawsuit, your options, and answers to frequently asked questions regarding the settlement. The Class Notice and other important documents (including the Complaint and the Settlement Agreement) can be found under the ‘Case Documents’ tab above. This Class Notice contains detailed information on how to receive your settlement payment, request exclusion from the settlement or submit comments concerning the settlement. If you are a member of the Class, a Class Notice was mailed to the address on file for you. If you did not receive your Class Notice by May 28, 2012, contact the Settlement Claims Administrator to update your mailing address.

The Court has entered an Order conditionally certifying (for settlement purposes only) a class of employees defined as individuals who worked as Secret Shoppers employed by Safeway or Vons in California at any time between March 23, 2006 and December 31, 2011.

Should you have any questions, please call toll free 1-866-271-9149. You may also request to have a copy of the Class Notice sent to you in the mail.

Your Legal Rights and Options

Option Result Due Date
Do nothing: Receive a Settlement Payment: You do not need to do anything to receive a Settlement payment, except to keep the Claims Administrator informed of any change in address as your Settlement Payment will be mailed to the address on file. If you do nothing, a Settlement Payment award will be mailed to you and you will be bound by the terms of the Settlement Agreement.
Exclude yourself: Exclude yourself from the Class. You may ask to ‘opt-out’ of the Class to keep your rights to sue on your own for the claims alleged in the lawsuit. If you do this on or before the deadline as described in the Class Notice, you will receive no money from this settlement and you will not be bound by the terms of the settlement. June 28, 2012
Object to the settlement Object to the terms of the Settlement: If you are dissatisfied with any terms of the Settlement, you may object to the Settlement and the Court will consider your objection. You must remain part of the Settlement in order to object to it. If you exclude yourself from the Settlement you may not object to its terms, or appear at the Final Approval Hearing. June 28, 2012

Get Further Information: Call this Toll-Free Number 1-866-271-9149

Current Status: Final Approval granted